With the new year right around the corner and everybody resolving to start gym from 1st January, we thought y’all might need some help tracking all your fitness goals. Here are the best fitness trackers on the market divided into categories. Buy the one that suits your budget and your needs.
In this article you'll learn about
Best Premium Fitness Trackers
Fitbit Versa 2
Fitbit Versa is the perfect cross between a smartwatch and a fitness tracker in my opinion. The Versa 2 is one of the premium range fitness trackers. It feels really light and looks amazing on your wrist. The plus point is that it goes with a lot of outfits we wear, like a party, formals, business casuals, etc.
Here are the things you should know before you buy Fitbit Versa 2
- The Fitbit Versa 2 has a great 1.34’ inch AMOLED display which every detail on the watch pleasing to the eye.
- Crisp and bright “Always On” AMOLED displays makes it really easy to view the watch even in harsh sunlight.
- Fitbit is known for its accuracy when it comes to fitness and it is on point as always. All fitness trackers are inaccurate by at least 10-12% as these devices are not connected to your muscles and use sensors to map your body movements.
- The Fitbit Versa 2 is also integrated with Alexa. This allows you to do a lot of stuff just with your voice.
- Versa 2 also you to receive and hang up calls, see notifications and you can reply to messages with just your voice.
- Fitbit Versa 2 also allows you to stream music off Spotify and a few other music services. An excellent spec for people who don’t want to carry their phone while exercising.
- It also has all the sensors and functionalities of a standard Fitbit fitness tracker.
- The lack of onboard GPS is minus point for the Versa 2, as not everyone carries their phone with them while they go for a run.
- Even though Fitbit calls it a smartwatch, it isn’t that great with the smartwatch functions, but a great fitness tracker with some functions like a smartwatch.
To buy this device click here – Fitbit Versa 2
Even though Charge 3 was launched in 2018, it is still one of the best fitness trackers on the market. The Fitbit charge 3 is purely a fitness tracker unlike the newer Fitbit Versa and Versa 2.
Fitbit Charge 3 is still a great fitness tracker, here’s why –
- The Fitbit Charge 3 has a larger display as compared to the previous versions, this makes it really easy for the user to operate the device better.
- Fitbit Charge 3 allows third-party notifications to be displayed as well, such as the weather, alarms & timers etc.
- Charge 3 is waterproof, therefore it can also track your swimming activities.
- Late into 2018, Fitbit introduced a Female Health Update which helps you track, record and log your cycles. These can be analyzed from the Fitbit app.
- Fitbit Charge 3 also tracks your REM sleep, light sleep, and deep sleep. There are a few cases where this data was inaccurate for users, but Fitbit has introduced firmware updates which have fixed these issues.
- Charge 3 also has a better heart rate and SpO2 sensors. Which give a pretty accurate heart rate reading.
- With all the newer smart bands having a color AMOLED display, sporting a monochrome one, will be pretty old school.
- Fitbit Charge 3 also does not have a dedicated GPS, therefore if you want to flaunt the distance traveled, you’ll have to carry your phone with you while you go out for a run.
- Charge 3 has a proprietary charger. So, if you lose this while traveling, you are screwed.
- The touchscreen on the Charge 3 is also a bit sloppy at times, mostly after a water-based activity.
You can buy Fitbit Charge 3 on Amazon.
The Garmin Vivo Active 3 is the best multi-sport fitness tracker available in the market right now. It is more of a fitness tracker and less of a smartwatch. Garmin is loved by a lot of sports personalities, and there is are good reasons for it. Garmin Vivo Active 3 is an absolute beast when it comes to tracking your fitness. Here’s why:
- Vivo Active 3 is a really lightweight fitness tracker, hence the best for sports.
- The Garmin Vivo Active 3 has a 24/7 heart rate monitoring.
- It has a wide range of sports which you can choose and track your activity. Garmin Vivo Active 3 tracks all these activities like golf, swimming, indoor fitness machines, etc. For a wearable tracker, it does a really great job.
- With the Vivo Active 3 (music) you can store upto 400 songs which you can listen to while working out.
- Garmin Vivo Active 3 also has a few advanced fitness tracking metrics like VO2, Fitness Age, Stress, Lactate Threshold, etc.
- It has a really long battery life, Garmin Vivo Active 3 lasts 5 days on a single charge, without using GPS.
- The device is pretty pricey for all the things it offers.
- Garmin Vivo Active only allows you to accept or reject calls and view the incoming messages.
You can check out the Garmin Vivo Active 3 on Amazon.
Best Fitness Trackers Under 8000
Fitbit Inspire HR
Fitbit Inspire HR is probably the most affordable Fitbit with sensors that cover all your fitness needs and a few more. It offers good performs across all the fitness metrics and is a great fitness band overall. Here are the details you need to know before buying this device:
- The Fitbit Inspire HR has a very sleek design, its very lightweight, after a few days you won’t even notice its there.
- The Fitbit Inspire HR has a battery life of about 7 days.
- It has a bright display with a reasonably big font which allows you to read the notifications and time easily.
- Inspire HR shows you your sleep directly on the band.
- It helps in tracking a wide range of exercises like running, swimming, interval training, weights, bike, etc.
- It also has timers in build in the smart band. You can set up other alarms from the Fitbit app.
- The Inspire HR has a monochrome display, while a lot of other smart bands are available in color displays and at a lower price.
- It does not allow you to reply to the notifications you receive. You can accept or reject the call, but you cannot reply to text messages.
- The screen is pretty small and is prone to flickering.
The Fitbit Inspire HR is available on Amazon.
The Huawei Band 3 Pro has a great colorful display with built-in GPS. It has continuous heart rate monitoring with other tracking functions like step counting, calorie tracking, sleep tracking, etc.
Here’s what you need to know about the smart band-
- The Huawei Band 3 Pro has a really stylish design and it is available in several different colors.
- Huawei band comes with internal storage so that you can store in songs to listen on the go.
- It tracks all activities and has a decent battery life of 6-7 days on a single charge.
- The 24/7 heart rate monitor is pretty accurate. Although all fitness bands either underestimate or overestimate the metrics by 10-12% on avg.
- The band is really great but the app is what takes away all the points for this device. The app integration is very bad.
You can check out Huawei Band 3 Pro on Amazon for further details.
Best Fitness Trackers under 3000
This little device from Xaomi is sitting at the top of the fitness band market. It is a power-packed device at a price that is affordable to more than 70% of the consumers globally.
Let’s have a look at the pros & cons of this device.
- Mi Smart Band 4 has a 0.95 color AMOLED display. It is the brightest among all the devices mentioned in this article.
- You can change and customize the watch faces as per your choice from the app. There are over 62 watch faces available right now, and you can also make your own if you know how to do it.
- The Mi band 4 also has a swim tracking along with stroke recognition besides all the regular tracking functions.
- As they say ‘With great power comes a great fitness band’. The Mi band 4 can last upto 15 days on a full charge while using all its functions regularly.
- The band supports smart notifications from your mobile device. You can accept or decline calls from the smart band but cannot reply to texts that come in.
- At this price point, there are no Cons for this device.
Mi band 4 is available on Amazon, check it out for further details.
The Honor Band 5 is one of the best selling budget fitness trackers on the market in 2019. The following points justify the popularity of this band.
- It has a 0.95’ inch color AMOLED display with adjustable brightness. Hence, it can be viewed even in harsh sunlight with ease.
- The band is water-proof upto 50meter. It’ll track all your swimming data easily.
- Honor Band 5 has Trusleep and Truseen features. These features provide better sleep tracking and real-time heart rate monitoring respectively.
- The newer update has also introduced SpO2 tracking for these bands. It detects the oxygen levels in your blood.
- It also displays notifications like caller ID, SMS, and notifications from other third-party apps.
- The Honor Band 5 allows you to customize the watch faces which looks really cool in my opinion.
- Honor band 5 also has multiple workout modes, which will provide you with better tracking while doing that activity.
- Another cool thing about the band is that it can act as a camera control for Huawei mobile phones.
- With all these amazing features, you expect a good battery life. But Huawei has disappointed the users quite a bit in this area. The battery of the smart band only lasts upto 5-6 days at a single charge.
For more details check out Honor band 5 on Amazon.
Fitbit Versa 2 and Garmin Vivo sport 3 are amazing at keeping a track of your fitness. The Mi smart Band 4 gives you almost the same functions and is pretty accurate while being almost 60% less than the price of the Fitbit.
Check out our other articles on fitness trackers: